Gluten-Free Coconut Sugar Pecan Pie
✨ A true southern Thanksgiving tradition that I made more healthy along the way as I learned...
- 1 Gluten-free pie crust, unbaked
- 2 Cups halved pecans
- 3 Room temperature eggs
- 1 Cup Organic coconut sugar
- 3/4 Cup organic maple syrup
- 3 TBS melted/room temp butter
- 1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Mix the organic coconut sugar, butter, eggs, maple syrup, salt & vanilla well with a whisk. Stir in 1 Cup of halved pecans. Lay the remaining 1 Cup of pecans on the bottom of the unbaked pie crust, then pour in the batter. Bake at 400°F for 20 mins, then lower the temperature to 350°F & bake for another 30 mins. Let cool before serving & enjoy with family & friends!
Marla's Nearly-Vegan Eggplant Parmesan 🍆
- 1 Large ripe eggplant
- 1 Cup of corn meal, or corn meal substitute (ground flax, chia, flour, gluten-free panko, etc.)
- Organic Tomato sauce
- Coconut or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Himalayan Sea Salt
- Cayenne to taste
- 2 eggs
Peel, slice & salt the eggplant, then set aside covered in the fridge for at least 1 hr. Rinse it well & dry out as much as possible. Beat 2 eggs in a bowl, & place cornmeal/substitute in another bowl. Dip eggplant slices in the egg wash one at a time, then toss & coat in the meal. Briefly cook the eggplant on each side in hot coconut oil on a skillet to lightly toast, then place into a lightly oiled glass baking dish. Layer one eggplant slice with a thin slice of vegan mozzarella & a spoonful of tomato sauce, & continue to layer until all slices are stacked & ready to pop in the oven. Bake at 350°F for 30 mins. Sprinkle the top with vegan parmesan & let it cool until ready to serve.
OPTIONAL: Can be served over gluten-free pasta, sautéed garlic spinach or with a salad
Fresh Scissor-Cut Kale & Quinoa Salad Recipe
as Featured on Oprah's "Where Are They Now"
- 1 Bunch or 10 oz bag of fresh Kale
- 1 Carrot lightly grated
- 1/2 Cup of purple cabbage
- 1 Dozen organic cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 TBS unhulled sesame seeds
- 1 TBS pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 Cup sesame oil
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened rice vinegar
- Himalayan sea crystals or sea salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- OPTIONAL: 1 TBS spicy sprouted sunflower seeds with Spirulina
- OPTIONAL: 1 Small package or sprinkle of Xylitol or other favorite sweetener
- OPTIONAL: Pre-cooked & chilled quinoa
Scissor chop kale & purple cabbage. Grate the 2 carrots on top. Mix sesame oil, olive oil & rice vinegar with the Xylitol, then pour mixture over the kale, cabbage & carrots. Toss in tomatoes. Sprinkle the seeds & add the salt & pepper. Toss all together & let sit 1 hour before serving.
OPTIONAL: To make it a heartier, higher protein meal, top with pre-cooked & chilled Quinoa to taste.